For Immediate Release
Contact: Derek T. Berry
WASHINGTON, DC – March 16, 2012 – Seven physicians from MedStar National Rehabilitation Network appeared in the recent issue of Washingtonian magazine’s Top Doctors. Those physicians include:
- Pamela Ballard, MD – Dr. Ballard works with spinal cord injury patients and specializes in spasticity management
- Robert Bunning, MD – Dr. Bunning, MedStar NRH’s associate medical director, works with patients with orthopedic conditions
- Sally Evans, MD – Dr. Evans works with the National Center for Children’s Rehabilitation (NCCR) at MedStar NRH
- Kathleen Fink, MD – Dr. Fink specializes in pain management and sports injuries
- David Gross, MD – Dr. Gross specializes in pulmonology, and is the director of the MedStar NRH Sleep Center
- John Toerge, DO – Dr. Toerge works with spinal cord injury and patients with sports injuries
- Curtis Whitehair, MD – Dr. Whitehair is the program director of the MedStar NRH/MedStar Georgetown University Hospital residency program and specializes in working with patients in our oncology rehabilitation program
To learn more about our doctors and our services, visit nrhrehab.org.
MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital is a private, not-for-profit facility with 137 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. MedStar NRH’s services are designed specifically for the rehabilitation of individuals with disabling injuries and illnesses such as stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and disease, arthritis, amputations, post-polio syndrome, chronic pain, back and neck pain, occupational injuries, cancer and cardiac disease that require medical rehabilitation, and other neurological and orthopedic conditions. Annually, MedStar NRH admits approximately 2,200 inpatients and provides nearly 350,000 ambulatory visits at 34 MedStar National Rehabilitation Network outpatient sites located in Washington, D.C., Suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia. We treat patients from the age of 6 and up and our pediatric unit — the National Center for Children’s Rehabilitation — is a joint service of MedStar NRH and Children’s National Medical Center.
MedStar NRH has appeared on the “Best Hospitals” list in U.S. News & World Report for 17 consecutive years and is currently ranked among the top hospitals for medical rehabilitation in America. MedStar NRH is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We have CARF accredited specialty programs for Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, and Stroke. MedStar NRH is a proud member of MedStar Health., parent company to MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, MedStar Montgomery Medical Center, MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center and the MedStar Visiting Nurse Association. For more on MedStar NRH, log on to nrhrehab.org.