MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital welcomes family members and friends who wish to visit during your stay with us. The emotional support visitors provide can be beneficial in the rehabilitation process. However, the following policies have been designed to ensure the comfort and well-being of all patients.
- Visiting hours are noon to 9 p.m. weekdays and 11a.m. to 9 p.m. weekends and holidays. Family members may obtain special visitor passes during other hours under certain circumstances such as when receiving caregiver training.
- All visitors must register and receive a visitor badge at the front Desk in the lobby. The badge must be visible at all times while in the hospital.
- Visitors should recognize that rest and quiet times are essential for our patients to maintain their strength. For that reason we ask that you limit visits to two hours or less.
- If permitted, patients with two or more visitors may leave their room and visit with family or friends in the atrium area, the Dining Room or outside in the Victory Garden.
- We ask that visitors be considerate of our patients’ busy schedules during the day and not interfere with scheduled therapy sessions.
- Family members are encouraged to participate in these sessions so long as they do not interfere.